SPD HANDPICKED - Sales Page
- SPD Handpicked is SPD's largest paid marketing effort!
- Four titles per month will receive an array of added marketing services.
- The fee to participate in this co-op initiative is $225 per title.
- To be considered, titles must have a pub date within, or close to the month of being featured in the Handpicked program
- There is a limit of 1 title per publisher per year.
- This offer is for SPD publishers only.
Note: SPD Handpicked is limited to just four titles a month, so it is highly competitive! If your title does not get accepted, please understand the limitations we have at SPD, where over 1,000 new titles a year enter the warehouse. We are always here to have a conversation about how to get your next title in the program, and please do keep trying!
We know $225 is a lot, but this is a co-op program. That is to say, SPD is subsidizing approximately a third of the budget for this program, with two thirds coming from the fees paid by participating publishers. For other, cheaper ad opportunities, please consult the Publishers Handbook
, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT YOU GET:
Books selected for the Handpicked program receive the following:
1. Prominent placement on the SPD homepage: One month as one of four titles on the Handpicked "Slider" on the SPD home page, and a dedicated placard in the main display portion of the site. The book page will be easily accessible on the website. Books will be discounted 20% for individual buyers from the site.
2. A selection of 5 mixed print and digital ads: A premier color print advertisement near poetry reviews in premier trade publication Publishers Weekly magazine (1/3 column, 4 books). Handpicked books will also be advertised on the Los Angeles Review of Books website, RAIN TAXI Review of Books, ZYZZYVA, Entropy, or other similar locations.
3. 2-5 mentions in SPD's social media: During the month, 2 sets of featured posts will be made across all social media platforms, as well as one tumblr listicle and other mentions of specific press coverage.
4. Inclusion in postcards: All 4 handpicked covers featured on a postcard in quadrant form, with featured blurbs. Cards will be placed in all outgoing orders to booksellers and individuals.
5. Presentation to staff at start of month on each title, including customer service associates who are the main word of mouth sellers to booksellers.
6. Prominent, branded spot at our physical location at 1341 Seventh Street in Berkeley.
7. Buy Report filled out at Baker & Taylor's Pub Alley recommending a specific buy quantity for each of their five warehouses (quantity arrived at in consultation with the publisher).
HOW TO NOMINATE A TITLE:
SPD handpicked spots fill up extremely quickly. Please note that titles to be considered have to have pub dates within, or close to the month in which you'd like to feature it. To nominate a title, please email email@example.com at least a month and a half before the month you'd like to participate in the program.